Monday, November 12, 2012

Windows 8 PDF Reader

Lovely idea MS. Really.

However, after 3 months of using W8 I have finally caved and installed Adobe Acrobat Reader. The reasons are these:

  1. I can’t have two pdf documents side-by-side.
  2. No outlook 2010 integration. Can’t view pdf directly from email, which is quite handy most of the time. Though perhabs more insecure.
  3. I can’t use snippet tool with Winpdf. Though I suspect this has more to do with WinRT, than the actual program.
  4. I can’t go to specific page
  5. Search leaves much to ask for.

Sometimes I need to compare documents or at least copy serials and knick-knacks from the pdf. So above points are dealbreakers for me. And most likely for many other users.

No comments:

Powershell and Uptimerobot

Uptimerobot can be quite tedious when you need to update many monitors at once. For example say you bought the license for Uptimerobot and n...