Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Outlook autocompletes my name

Outlook per standard is autocompleting my name when I'm composing emails. Very good feature for some, but I feel it lacks personality when I always finish my emails with my full name. If I want to be formal I have the signatur for that.

The culprit in Outlook 2010 is Quick Parts and the Autotextfunction.

To disableimage

  1. Open new mail
  2. Ribbon Insert
  3. Text>Quick Parts>AutoText>Organize and Delete
  4. Pick the building block to remove, usually “Firstname Surname”
  5. Delete
  6. Done.

 

To verify, start writing your name and use F3 after 3-4 letters to force autocomplete to activate. It should result in nothing.

References:

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/330

No comments:

Powershell and Uptimerobot

Uptimerobot can be quite tedious when you need to update many monitors at once. For example say you bought the license for Uptimerobot and n...